Monday, March 11, 2019

Please be careful with calorie restriction!

Hi everyone. This is my first post here, and I just wanted to say please prioritize your health over fast weight loss. Having fast results isn’t worth it when you jeopardize your health by consuming inadequate amounts of nutrients and calories that your body NEEDS.

I learned it the hard way today. For context, I’m 5’2 and weigh 110 lbs. Prom is coming up next month and I believe I got a little desperate. Yesterday, I restricted my calorie intake to about 750, with a net of 600 after some exercise. Early this morning before I left the house, I had a couple of stomach cramps and slight nausea, but I just shrugged it off since it’s normal for me every now and then. However, while waiting at my bus stop, I suddenly became dizzy and extremely nauseous, and my vision blurred (lasted close to 20 mins). I was close to fainting. I ended up at the doctor’s office for low blood pressure and am seeing a cardiologist soon.

It’s not worth it. Take it slowly and be kind to yourself.

tl/dr: Please lose weight gradually and don’t go too low with calories because you’re putting your health at risk.

submitted by /u/vqx4
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2TF6zvQ

No comments:

Post a Comment