Monday, March 11, 2019

I guess I'm... confused on how losing works?

Hello, I am a 6'3 311lb guy with a body type that is just naturally heavy, large, and muscular. However, I do have quite a bit of fat that I am looking to get rid of. I am healthy otherwise, I can function normally and have no weight-related diseases. I have a long history of swimming for sport, and weight lifting as well. I recently signed up for a gym, and have already gotten into the habit of going consistently. I practice competitive swimming for an hour, 4 days a week, and do strength training 2 days a week. That sounds good for me, but I am concerned about my food intake.

I have a very high protein diet, decently high carb intake, and I drink a ton of water. I use MyFitnessPal and only eat roughly 1500-1700 calories a day through 3 meals. And I never feel like I under eat. Most of the stuff I eat composes of fruits, meats, cheeses, eggs, and bread. Almost everything is homemade. I get 8hrs of sleep every night and go to the gym at the same time every day.

With all this, I feel like I am lacking somewhere that is preventing me from losing weight. I understand that in order to lose weight I need to meet a caloric deficit, but I didn't quite understand how those work. That can't mean I need to work out enough to lose more calories than I intake, right? That sounds vastly more difficult and unhealthy than it probably should be. I have been attending the gym for 2 months and have not seen any change in my body or weight. I understand that muscle weighs more than fat, so the lack of weight loss makes sense at the moment. However, I still don't see a change in my body.

So, I need to ask:

Do I need to overhaul my diet? Am I not eating enough? Eating too much? Is my workout plan a sham? Do I need to burn more calories? Do I just need to give it more time? I do not know what is missing from my life atm that should prevent me from losing weight properly. Any insight would be very much appreciated. Thank you!

submitted by /u/Nikira234
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2XPIsd3

No comments:

Post a Comment