Sunday, March 3, 2019

Brag - One week - 100% tracked and planned

First, I'd like to say that in the past I have successfully lost weight mostly through exercise, over 80 lbs . For me this required going to the gym 4- 6 times per week for weightlifting (about 45 minutes each) and daily walking. It worked great...until I didn't go to the gym as much (it began the winter that we had snow storm after snow storm and temperatures remained 10 below for weeks). Even though I had lost and kept the weight off for almost 5 years, I eventually gained it all back....and then some. Because I never changed my diet or the number of calories I was eating.

As of Feb 23th, I was down 15lbs, again from exercise...it took a year, because I haven't committed to 10 hours of working out each week. So I decided to really commit to trying something different.

On February 24th I decided to prep all my meals for the week (in advance), and enter each days meal into MyFitnessPal in advance. Doing this allowed me to make sure I was meeting appropriate macros, and cals, and because I thought it would ensure fullness increased fiber. And just like that I lost 2.5 lbs.

I entered all the data from my fitbit and MFP into a spreadsheet and 2.5 lbs is exactly the weight loss the numbers predicted. I know due to water weight and various other factor it won't always exactly match. But it was so validating to make a plan and have that plan work.

I'm now a believer.

Prepping and pre-entering my meals seemed to be key in helping me adhere.

So that's my little brag!

submitted by /u/kohmaru
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2NElqkE

No comments:

Post a Comment