Thursday, March 14, 2019

Concerned about my metabolism

I've been on my weight loss journey for a while now and I've seen success. Today I had a complimentary assessment with a personal trainer at the gym I go to. The trainer had me step on a machine that assesses body fat %, lean muscle, etc. Everything looked good except it can apparently determine what my resting metabolism is. I didn't see this until I left but it has mine at 1859 kcal. This seems under what I would expect; I'm 6'0" and weigh 215, most calculators put me at around 2400. This would explain why I seem to be losing more slowly recently even with my significant calorie deficit. I eat 1500 calories daily for a roughly 900 calorie deficit per day.

What can I do to increase my metabolism? Why is it so low in the first place? Is it possible the machine is inaccurate?

submitted by /u/lifeimprovethrowaway
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2TOCFFo

No comments:

Post a Comment