Saturday, March 9, 2019

Food addiction randomly disappeared

I've been going to therapy for around 8 months to try to treat this issue, so it may be what helped, but I'm not fully sure.

It must have been psychological though. Quite often if I felt any negative emotion I would just hurry up and eat 2500-4000+ calories of food and then go into basically a food coma. Last Monday was the first time I just honestly cried instead (over something really stupid too lol). I cried for probably an hour and after that, I felt a lot better, didn't need to use food to calm me down. Since then I've felt so much happier overall. It sounds so pseudoscientific and almost supernatural that it worries me that the problem will eventually come back. I think what happened is I realized experiencing negative emotions without using food to cover it up wasn't so bad and actually it feels much -better- when you just let the emotions happen.

As for the physical hunger itself, I don't know really. I've always had issues with hunger. I'm on the autism spectrum, which is probably why I don't feel hunger very often. When the 'psychological hunger' went away it probably took me back to my 'normal' state which is to never be hungry. I remember when I was younger I would never get hungry and then I'd smell food and throw up because I hadn't eaten all day.

Now I barely want to eat at all. I've eaten less in the past week than I have in probably 10 years. The only thing I can do to maintain this is to not eat fast food, since it's addictive, and try not to eat too many carbs, since they're addictive too. I've lost around 10 pounds already (I'm sure some of it is water weight, but I was nearly 400 lbs so fast weight loss is to be expected) just because I haven't been eating in such a ridiculous way.

It's like my depression was suddenly severely lessened (although I still experience negative emotions of course). Has anyone had this kind of experience at all? It's still hard to believe, it's like a miracle almost. I already feel physically better too. I wonder if my brain is just tricking me... i didn't even really do any work to make this go away. I was thinking constantly about food one day, unable to resist it, and another day I don't care that much (I still like eating though obviously).

submitted by /u/NoHot7
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Uoq9cO

No comments:

Post a Comment