Tuesday, March 5, 2019

I Have a Very Strange Problem

My family has never been skinny. In the past, we've had atrocious eating habits. They're improving now as we're all trying to get better and drop some weight. My parents go to the gym, and I'm counting calories.

My mom has always said that my dad tries to sabotage her when she loses weight. He'd bring her ice cream or sweets, make extremely calorie-heavy meals, and things like that (he does most of the cooking). She says he has a control issues. Without going into detail, my dad has had some issues in the past. Growing up, things were rough because of him, but things have smoothed out now.

I always thought it was my mom being paranoid, because she can be very distrusting of others, but... now that I'm making progress myself, I'm afraid that I'm actually starting to see it.

I've been talking to both of my parents about my weight loss lately. Since late October, I've lost almost 50lbs. You can see it in my face, my clothes sizes, etc. Last night, my dad came home from with store with fries, chicken nuggets, frozen White Castle burgers, gluten-free muffin mix, gluten-free pancake mix, and those chocolate turtle things. He made a heavy breakfast that morning: eggs, sausage, lot of cheese. My parents are at my sister's place for the weekly family meal, and he's making breakfast for dinner with eggs+cheese, pancakes, bacon, and gluten-free chocolate chip cookies. Most of the time, meals consist of lean meat, vegetables, whole grain breads and pasta.

I want to believe that it's a one-off cheat meal type thing, but this has happened repeatedly over the years. I've seen it again and again.

I honestly don't know how to deal with this. I haven't always had the greatest will power, and I know it ultimately comes down to that. Unfortunately, it's not that easy.

What are some ways you guys would deal/have dealt with this? Something you repeat to yourself to prevent yourself from giving in, trying to hide the food, whatever it is. Anything at all.

I've done well lately, and I don't want to fall into the same pattern of weight yo-yoing that my mom has over the years.

I don't even know if this is the right place to post this, but I figured someone may have experienced this before. Or will at least have some advice. I can feel the tension between my parents, and it sucks.

submitted by /u/KleinVogeltje
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2VDJXsO

No comments:

Post a Comment