Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Why do our loved ones sabotage our weight loss?

Do they do it intentionally? It seems like every time I’ve told someone close to me about a step I’m making or a plan I’m excited to try, their behavior changes towards me and my eating habits. People will bring me a treat, encourage me to “live a little” or consistently make bad choices around me.

I know that only I am responsible for my actions. It just feels strange that people who love me and care about my health seem to react negatively when I actually start losing. An ex-boyfriend who was encouraging me to lose had the opposite reaction after a little while. A friend tried to convince me to go to McDonald’s four times after I said I wanted to cut down on fast food. Etc.

I know that these people love me but their actions and messages, whether intentional or not, are confusing. Has anyone else experienced this?

submitted by /u/TurtleTrys
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2TAWCzi

No comments:

Post a Comment