Monday, March 4, 2019

I "only" gained 5 lbs - Accountability after 90 lb weight loss

I lost 90 lbs in a little over a year thanks in part to this community. After losing the weight, I began maintenance in September. Since then, I've gained 5 lbs. However, the bulk of the weight gain has only occurred during these past two-three months.

I'm going through a divorce, my routine has been shaken up due to this and other factors. I've found it easier and easier to "treat myself". As I've watched the scale tip forward, I'm stomping my foot down right here at 5 lbs gained.

Yes, it's "only 5 lbs", but it's a slippery slope, and one I've slid down before (I'm a re-loser). Weight loss is not a linear process. Weight loss and weight maintenance will always be a part of my life. Unfortunately, I've not been able to properly maintain a low body weight due to how I naturally am inclined to eat. This is a sad reality for me, but one that I'm okay accepting.

I just wanted to post this as an accountability measure for myself, and maybe relate to those of you who may be feeling down for gaining back "only" a few lbs after major weight loss. We can lose those few lbs and get back to where we want to be!

I lost 90 lbs, and I'll be damned if 5 lbs will get me down. I'm going to drop those lbs over the course of this next month or so, and I'll be back to where I was a few months ago. I refuse to slide down that slippery slope.

submitted by /u/soitgoes1992
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2TwtUQf

No comments:

Post a Comment