Friday, March 8, 2019

I’m annoyed with people questioning how I’ve lost so much weight

I don’t mean question as in asking how I did it, which I don’t mind. That’s actually cool. But question as in assuming what I’m doing is unhealthy or making a snarky comment about how I’m doing it. People automatically assume I’m starving myself if they don’t see me eat. It’s so annoying. No, it’s called planning ahead and scheduling when you’re having your meals so you can control how many calories you’re taking in throughout the day. I’m still eating enough. I’ve done it through a combination of CICO and IF, neither of which are unhealthy. I’ve done so much research on these things. I’ve also been working out a lot. I wouldn’t be gaining muscle if I wasn’t eating enough. It’s been a good change for me. I feel better, I look better, and it has helped my self esteem. Why can’t people just be happy for me instead of being rude about it? Or sometimes people won’t say anything but I get a weird vibe because it seems like they’re talking to me and making eye contact with me differently now. And don’t even get me started on the whole “up-down” look followed by silence thing.

That having been said, I genuinely feel bad for those people too. I’m not trying to be rude, but the majority of those people are not in shape. People who workout and eat properly are normally the ones who don’t question it and if they do decide to comment, it’s a positive one. I’m actually getting fit, while all other people can do is make rude comments about it. The reason I feel bad for them though is because I know what it’s like to not know how to eat healthy and exercise properly. I was like that for the majority of my life. I know what it’s like to be super insecure. I still am. This is just one thing lifted off my shoulders. It just sucks that there’s so much misinformation about weight loss and nutrition out there. People obsess over what they’re eating when it doesn’t have to be that hard, and in turn obsess over what I’m eating.

I just wish people would keep their mouthes shut if they’re going to be rude though. I’d much rather they just ask how I did it and actually listen to me explain instead of making assumptions and automatically shunning me for how I’ve done it.

submitted by /u/ThatWasNotEasy10
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2EWYryr

No comments:

Post a Comment