Friday, March 1, 2019

I'm doing weight loss differently now

I'm 26 and I feel like I've taken every possible angle to weightloss, and still I ended up a 425 pounds. I beat my head against a wall trying find a solution in between gaps of not caring. Whatever it was that held me back, I just couldn't stick with it, and I hated myself for it. I lacked discipline and resolve and I thought I was unfixable. My mom is a real fitness junky, and she's been really supportive, but she told me she went from overweight to working out every day for 20 years by one day looking in the mirror and saying "I dont want to look like this any more". I did that twice a day and always fell back.

The point I'm getting to is I'm trying something new, I'm not counting calories, avoiding carbs, exercising an hour a day. I'm fixing my head so that some day, it feels only natural to lose weight and keep it off. I never really thought of it as an option, in particular because it's even slower than just losing weight.

I started seeing a therapist about a year ago now. 3 months in, I got prescribed zoloft, and a half a year after that, wellbutrin on top of zoloft. And with talking to a therapist 1-4 times a week, I've just now started losing weight, and I haven't been so confident I could in 6 years. I haven't been actively restricting my diet because I dont need to.

I made a small goal to drink >60 fl oz a day of water, and after a few months, I'm down to one diet soda a day. I made it a goal to go grocery shopping once a week, now I never have a need or desire. to go out to fast food. I hated dedicating an hour or more to exercising, so I started doing small 7 minute exercises spread throughout the day to just get them out of the way. Mental health and finding my own methods to improve my habits did more for me than calorie counting or weight watchers or keto or anything else did. I lost 15 pounds this month by just being my normal self.

I dont think I had a real reason to post this. Just, if anyone finds themselves struggling with weight loss, find a method that's right for you, any way to lose weight that you can stick with is the right way, so listen to a bunch of peoples' methods and pick the one with your name on it.

submitted by /u/highlightsftw
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2T8Azk5

No comments:

Post a Comment