Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Is losing weight fast unsafe/unsustainable for everybody?

Hi, I'm 34/m and at around 285lbs, I finally decided less than three weeks ago that I needed to lose weight. The thing with me though id I'm impatient when it comes to weight loss. Everywhere I look in terms of research I see people espousing slow gradual weight loss and avoiding extremes, but for me I can't handle it. I get discouraged easily and if I'm suffering on a diet and see my weight loss happening at a crawl, I immediately get discouraged.

What I'm doing, and what works for me, is something more severe. I'm eating about 1,000 to 1,600 calories a day, usually trending more towards the former than the latter. I'm also exercising regularly with visits to the gym and hour long walks and am planning on ramping up the walks to two or three hours. I give myself one day a week to eat whatever I want and other than that I adhere strictly to this. I'm losing between 0.5 to 1.5 pounds a day and am almost at 270lbs already. For me, any occasional hunger or cravings is offset by seeing dramatic results every day. It's way easier for me personally to make sacrifices if I get a daily payoff, rather than one happening at a much more incremental pace.

My fear though is that this is jeopardizing my health. So many places online say weight loss and calorie restrictions this dramatic aren't healthy or sustainable, but is that true for everyone or are there weird outliers? I occasionally am a little hungry or a little tired, but honestly, there are just as many days now where I feel like I have MORE energy than usual and I would say I go to bed satisfied from a hunger standpoint probably five out of seven days a week on average. I actually feel like it's getting easier to keep up this diet almost three weeks in, not harder.

So am I setting myself up for some kind of health problem or crash, or should I just continue with what's working? Has anyone else found sustainable success with a more drastic lifestyle change?

submitted by /u/ConcreteFireworks
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2TqzAeL

No comments:

Post a Comment