Tuesday, March 12, 2019

It's the one-year anniversary of starting my weight loss journey so I opened a letter I wrote to myself for this day!

I started tracking my calories on March 12th 2018. I added exercise into my routine about a month into my journey by doing the C25K program. I went on a travel abroad trip to Panama and Costa Rica at the end of June, beginning of July. Lost 5 lbs just from that trip because we never had a dull moment, we were just constantly going on different excursions.

Unfortunately, after I returned from my trip I kinda lost my motivation and lazily tracked my calories and went to the gym. I coasted through the holidays and into the beginning of 2019 with my weight not fluctuating too drastically (lucky me!). More recently I've gotten my fire back again and I've been tracking more dutifully and also intermittent fasting (16:8 with a 24 hr fast very rarely).

So that's a brief back story! On May 10th 2018 I decided to write a letter to myself to read on March 12th 2019. I thought this would be something fun for me to look forward to and also something to help commemorate the date I decided to change my life.

The pictures: the decorated envelope, 1st page of letter, 2nd page of letter

What have I accomplished since I wrote this letter? I've lost a total of 42 lbs. I completed the C25K program. I haven't run in a 5k yet but I will this August. I tried kickboxing with some coworkers.

So while I haven't reached my goal weight yet, I've made it pretty far. :)

tl;dr; I wrote a letter to myself to read on the anniversary of the start of my weight loss journey!

submitted by /u/dreams_of_psilocybin
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2TwFGuB

No comments:

Post a Comment