Tuesday, March 12, 2019

"New ID required. Reason: Weight loss"

For the past year or so, every time I've had to show my driver's license, I get one of two reactions: quizzical, skeptical looks, followed by a raised eyebrow; or a (usually) friendly comment about how I look nothing like my photo anymore.

But in the last few months especially, my ID has started to be more of a hindrance than anything else. It culminated in December when I very nearly wasn't allowed to board a flight to Texas because the agent at the security checkpoint couldn't verify the ID was mine.

So I finally bit the bullet last week and went to the DMV to take a new photo. In DC, you can't simply request a new photo to be taken if you don't like yours, so on the application the employee had to make a note about why I was getting a new photo while my license is still current. And on the form she wrote "New ID required. Reason: weight loss."

The new ID arrived in the mail today. It's a little thing, but holding the two photos side by side was a good reminder of how far I've come on this journey. Also: holy hell, my hair back then....

Pics: https://imgur.com/a/0jO47HP

submitted by /u/adamallabout
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Uy8krU

No comments:

Post a Comment