Saturday, March 2, 2019

Let the games begin

I have posted here before asking for tips and tricks during my journey with weight loss, but tbh, almost none of that lasted for long. I have logged my calories in My Fitness Pal and have exercised at home for few weeks, but that all stopped during the Christmas holidays when hanging out with friends was the perfect excuse to overeat and not do any exercises at all - up until yesterday.

The company I work at has decided to participate in a Business run event and asked us if anybody would want to take part. It's a 5k race and it's happening in the middle of June. Since I am the kind of person who gets more motivated by extrinsic awards rather than intrinsic, I decided to sign up and prove to myself (and, honestly, to the people around me) that I can do it.

So, here we are, March 2nd. I have around three months to transform myself from couch potato whose favorite hobby is binge watching series while eating chips to a person that can run a 5k in under an hour. It might not be much for somebody, but it might be my greatest achievement for me.

I may have need a bit of support from this loving community in the form of tips on tricks on how to do it healthily and without spraining any ankles during my training period. I have looked at the couch to 5k program, and it seems doable. I'd appreciate if someone had had a similar experience is willing to share!

Let the games begin :)

submitted by /u/I_am_dharma
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ILuzt6

No comments:

Post a Comment