Monday, March 11, 2019

Maintenance Monday: The Weight Trap

The main challenge of obesity treatment is not weight loss, but long-term weight loss maintenance. 1

Oh, that sounds daunting to begin today's thread with. I don't mean to be so glass-half-empty, I'm sorry. But in the past I've been reading up on the particular challenges of maintenance, so I can recognize them when I eventually come across them.

So, what are your biggest traps? I'm a Slight Slacker myself - I'll forget to log just this one cookie, or won't be in the mood to weight that mayonnaise - this is what 15g looks like right?, and damnit I've earned the non-diet gouda just this once. I'm not prone to go on a big binge, but I'm definitely able to graze my way to obesity. So that's a trap I have to look out for.

Anyway, enough about me, how about yous? What's your Maintenance Trap?

But first, let's fill our glass up again:

long-term weight loss is possible1

There. That's that over and done with.


Anything else on your mind pertaining maintenance? Is your diet going effortlessly, or have the last few weeks been more of a struggle? All questions, remarks and worries are welcome topics of conversation!


  1. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4777230/
submitted by /u/tgsgirl
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2HcwrJN

No comments:

Post a Comment