Thursday, March 7, 2019

My 135 Lb Weight Loss

Unbelievable how a complete physical transformation has the biggest impact on your mental. I told myself I wouldn’t miss a day at the gym and I haven’t. I told myself I would control my diet and I have. Of course I have had my struggles. Practicing discipline alone will cause you to completely change your mental state. I feel like my life started this year.

I started this journey because I met someone at work that was “Dieting”. He told me that he was packing his lunches for work and that he had lost 10 lbs. I asked him a whole bunch of questions. He told me he was just eating healthy, like pb&j sandwhiches and chicken breast. Him telling me that he lost weight like this made me curious if I could do it. So I decided to try.

The next day I was on my computer playing games and started watching fitness videos out of curiosity. A lot of the he videos I watched were from bodybuilders giving tips on how to eat healthy. A lot of them taught me to eat a lot of protein and clean carbs. So I started eating potatoes and chicken breast. That was it. But I did not control the amount that I was eating. Then I began working out. I lost 30 lbs in 2 months. My workouts consisted of me going to the gym and walking on the treadmill while watching others lift weights. Over the next 4 months I didn’t lose anymore weight which led to me quitting.

When I first started my journey I thought that the progress would come easy, as a lot of us do. I didn’t start my journey seriously, I would just watch Netflix while walking on the treadmill and eventually when I started lifting weights I didn’t care to learn how to do it correctly. So after I quit I got depressed, I went back to my old ways and returned to 350 lbs. I was sitting in my computer chair everyday from when I woke up to when I went to sleep. 2 years like this went by before I started my journey again. Seriously this time.

My second weight loss attempt started a month after talking to someone else that had lost weight. Talking to them put it in the back of my head that I could lose weight even though I had failed. I was listening to a Joe Rogan podcast when he said, “When someone actually uses discipline and loses weight, I just want to shake their hand.”

Joe’s small statement led me to starting my diet again. I completely cut out carbs; well I thought I did. I eating eating only chicken fingers, salads, and steaks. I wanted to cut out carbs because I thought this was the key to weight loss. It’s not important if this was the key or not. What is important is that this made me start. I thought I was going to lose weight. I also thought that the more I learned about nutrition would be the healthier I would become. This was the first time that I got it right. The mindset of infinitely improving was what I needed.

Learning about nutrition was my new thing. I enjoyed learning. I would watch as many videos as I could (while still playing a ton of video games) and I would constantly google any questions I had. This led to small weight loss. Then I wanted to do the same with weight lifting. This led to small strength and muscle gains. I continued this for 2 years which is until now. I started this two Marches ago.

After making the mindset switch, I was losing weight. I started only eating salads and protein shakes. I would make my own salads with my own ingredients. I loved it. I would change up the ingredients all of the time and learn about the health benefits of each one. The process was hard as I was fighting a lot of hunger. I mean, I was only eating about 800 calories per day. The progress came quickly and I lost 130 lbs in 9 months.

After the weight loss, I didn’t stop because this was my new life. I still lift weights and workout everyday. I always have new challenges but it’s working through them that will make me into a great person. I have a new job now. I’ve grown immensely, to the point where I’m outperforming my coworkers three fold. I don’t spend anytime on the computer playing games because life is too fun. I have a girlfriend now. She’s great. My mindset has completely changed and I’m way happier now.

Here’s my transformation picture: https://imgur.com/gallery/FEwGSar

This post feels like I’m bragging but I figured I would share what I went through so that anyone trying to achieve the same thing will say to themselves that they can do it too.

submitted by /u/MrWoke
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2NPkYAm

No comments:

Post a Comment