Sunday, December 15, 2019

23 Y/O Male Is there something wrong about my understanding of calorie deficit?

Hello (TL;DR at the end)

I am 5'7" and started my calorie deficit on 1st November 2019 with a starting weight of 224 lbs (101.9 Kg), carrying most of my weight in my hips and thighs

My lifestyle is Sedentary, which gives me a TDEE of 2373 (source)

I went for a daily intake of 1300 calories, and as of today I weigh 203 lbs (92.3 Kg) which means 21 lbs (9.6 Kg) lost in 46 days. 1300 calories was just something I felt comfortable with, not following the number calculated by MFP.

From what I have read on this subreddit a lot, is that a 500 calorie deficit leads to a loss of 1 lbs per week which for me comes out to 2.146 lbs (0.975 Kg) per week (7 days) for my 1073 calorie deficit i.e. theoretically I should've lost 14 lbs (6.4 Kg) till now

I have been pretty much accurate with my food measurements, tracked using MFP and food scales.

My confusion: what could have possibly caused the additional weight loss of 7 lbs (3.2 Kg), something wrong with my understanding?

Its not like I'm unhappy about the additional weight loss, Just want to understand why it happened.

TL;DR 2372 Sedentary TDEE, 1072 Kcal deficit, should've lost 14 lbs, lost 21 lbs, why?

Thanks

submitted by /u/weirdw0man
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2PRfwhJ

No comments:

Post a Comment