Sunday, December 15, 2019

mixed feelings about my skin - probably will end up with some loose skin

hey everyone,

so I could use some support or advice. or anything. just would like to hear others' thoughts bc I'm not feeling emotionally well honestly.

my numbers are:

age: 25
sex: female
height: 165 cm / 5'5"
starting weight: 103 kg / 227 lbs
current weight: 83 kg / 183 lbs
lost weight so far: 20 kg / 44 lbs
goal weight: 70 kg / 154 lbs
weight left to lose: 13 kg / 29 lbs

BMR: 1837 according to a smart scale
diet: I eat 1500-1300 kcal a day
work out routine: every other day; 1 hour cardio on the treadmill and lifting as much weight as I can

so in the obvious places - such as my arms, my lower belly, and the part where my buttcheeks and thighs meet - I'm experiencing jiggly parts. Not straight up thin, papery skin like the skin on the back of my hand (I read that that's what true loose skin is like).

I know that moisturizing, drinking lots of water, eating healthy, losing weight slowly and filling yourself out with muscle helps the skin. but are there any other tips? I also heard about fasting after weight loss to make your body "use up" the loose skin but that's a controversial issue isn't it?

I'm also aware of visceral fat and subcutaneous fat.

so beside these tips is there anything I could do?

I feel like despite that I lose weight slowly, my weight loss even stalled for a year, I still will end up with loose skin. idk, it's hard to describe. but my fat is so jiggly on those areas I mentioned. also the fat on my upper arms, when I hold my arms straight, I have "bat wings" so the skin is not full, it's kind of not thick despite that there's still fat in them.

so I feel like the ratio of skin to fat, in the mentioned areas, are not equal. before I lost weight the fat definitely felt more firm. I know that when you loose visceral fat and got more subcutaneous fat left then the subcutaneous fat, so the fat under your skin, is more jiggly.

therefore I feel like I'm starting to have more skin compared to subcutaneous fat.

I know that skin removal surgery can sorta solve the issue. not that my skin will become smooth and tight from it, and it will still feel like loose skin it will be just tightened around my frame.

but how do I accept that I possibly ruined my skin? not ruined it like someone with a bigger weight loss would. but still. I still kinda ruined it right? I guess to this question the answer is therapy.

I know I'm asking questions then I'm answering them. sorry for that. but as I already said I'm not feeling well. so I would like to hear your thoughts.

thank you for reading.

submitted by /u/raindampened
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2PpMc2T

No comments:

Post a Comment