Thursday, December 12, 2019

Am I in the wrong for not wanting to be obsessed?

I want to start this off by saying I want nothing more than to be healthy. I’ve struggled with obesity and self image all my life, and would love to be under 200 again. My wife and I will be in Disneyland next October, and I want the pictures I take there to completely blow away anyone who had ever called me a fat ass or lardo.

What I don’t want, though, is for weight loss to rule every aspect of my life. I don’t want to pour all my energy and time into losing that weight. I’m down with CICO and IF, I’ve got a gym membership and a pretty good idea of how to cook and eat clean and healthy. I just don’t want to deny myself ever eating chocolate cake or doughnuts again. I love bar food and good ol’ Southern cookin. I don’t want to live a life wherein I cannot enjoy good food! I truly believe in moderation of all things, and would honestly hate to never take a bite of biscuits and gravy again.

Is this a horrid mindset? Am I setting myself up for failure? Or is this more a case of “deny for now, and work those foods in to your diet once you hit maintenance weight.”?

submitted by /u/CarhopCavalier
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2PEajcV

No comments:

Post a Comment