Thursday, December 12, 2019

Never give up on yourself. I went from 450lbs to 185lbs, from whole pizzas to half marathons. (Maintenance Update)

Hey everyone,

It's been over a year since I last posted here so I thought I would make an update post and share what my journey has been like over the past year.

Original post: https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/a264y9/never_give_up_on_yourself_i_went_from_450lbs_to/

Weight Tracking over past 3 months, year, and since before I started my latest weight loss:

https://imgur.com/a/MMTS02R

Current photos of me at 185lbs: https://imgur.com/a/aURotSx

After my post, I had shoulder surgery and couldn't exercise for a few weeks. I ordered a lot of delivery and put on around 30 pounds or so. I was able to lose that weight within a couple months and get back into running. Now, I run a couple hours everyday and a lot on the weekends.

I try to eat a lot of protein and avoid carbs as much as possible, but I have a sweet tooth and end up eating a lot of candy/sweets at work. My typical breakfast is an egg wrap/sandwich from a local coffee shop or Greek yogurt and a protein bar. Lunch is usually just a protein shake, but I snack on protein bars/snacks throughout the day. Dinner is usually chicken and some sort of carb or vegetable. Lately, I have been ordering Freshly meals every couple of weeks for a little bit more variety in my diet.

Maintenance has been tough mentally, because for me it has mostly consisted of loosening and then tightening my diet. Usually a couple days a week I will eat a bit more, then compensate by eating better for the rest of the week. I want to try to be a bit more consistent in my diet rather than having highs and lows.

I lift weights for 45 minutes every morning and then run everyday after work. I run twice on the weekends with some walking in between.

I've been taking this weight loss journey seriously for a couple years now, and so far it seems like it will be sustainable. It has been difficult adjusting to maintenance though because you don't see your weight go down anymore, and all your hard work is just to maintain where you already are.

submitted by /u/FreethoughtChris
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2YIstyv

No comments:

Post a Comment