Friday, December 6, 2019

Anticipating a weight loss plateau. Any advice?

Hey guys (29F). I’m back on the bandwagon having binged in recent weeks, but Thanksgiving weekend was the kicker. Weighed myself back home last Sun and was at my highest weight I’d ever been. Oof.

I fasted on Sun, and only allow myself to eat in an 8 hour period (10a-6p or 11a-7p; can’t be overly restrictive with this window, but I’m okay with it). I’ve reduced my calorie intake to ~1,200, perform cardio 4x/this week, stretch stretch stretch, and do a series of bicycles, crunches, modified sit-ups, and planks 3x/this week. I’m not only proud of myself for sticking to it without bingeing, but also feel my tummy is lighter which is sooo much nicer than being in pain because of bingeing.

Anyway, since Sunday I lost 7.2 lbs. This usually occurs during my first week or two of trying again. I feel like I’m just waiting for the plateau to hit, and worry I’ll be unable to sustain my progress with the holidays if I no longer see much difference. My partner and I have a very busy schedule for the holidays, with every single weekend moving forward being packed with family or holiday parties. Our friend is renting a cabin for NYE and my bday is on weekend after. It’s a lot, and I know there will be many enticing things on offer.

I should also note that I’m not usually so crazy about weighing myself, and intend to be much more lax once I’ve lost 15 or so lbs. I need to see a difference right now, and that seems to be it. I’ve taken a before pic so I’ll count on that being more of a motivation down the line.

I’ve experienced a couple plateaus before and either fuck up and binge for days or wait it out as long I can to see what’s going on, then eat junk again and wholly rotate back to my unhealthy eating habits. A quick Google search advised a few culprits to the infamous plateau: too many carbs, not tracking ketones, too many cals, not eating whole foods, too many nuts, getting closer to goal weight, not mindful eating, stress, lack of sleep. You get it. How true have you found these to be in your experience? Any advice on how to remain dedicated and disciplined enough to avoid just another cycle of this? Thanks!!

submitted by /u/ruepongo
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/367K8Sy

No comments:

Post a Comment