Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Back to weight loss, keto or calorie deficit?

Hey,

So is it possible to lose weight with a calorie deficit? Im confused as some people I speak to say its nearly impossible if you consume carbs as part of it.

The thing is, im a type 1 diabetic and i tried the keto diet for a month and by the end of it it just wasnt for me. I went into ketoacidosis after my blood sugars sky rocketed after I reintroduced carbs back to my diet.

I took a 2 month break inbetween and put on 1 kilo.

I am on a 2nd day of keto now but have been reminded as to why i stopped. It just doesnt work for me in the sense that i feel really unwell on it.

Can i lose weight by eating carbs and going on a calorie deficit? I consume about 2000 calories to maintain my weight and need a deficit of 500 to lose some apparently. I want to eat 1500 calories a day max as opposed to limiting myself to 50g of carbs. I will be hitting the gym at least 3 times a week to run for 10 minutes ( losing just over 100 calories per run)

I can feel when ketones are released in my blood as a diabetic as i start to feel rough and when my blood glucose raises above range by a small amount i start to feel very sick so its just not something i want to continue.

Any advice appreciated, thanks.

submitted by /u/LaiW0ngBao
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2PAQJj9

No comments:

Post a Comment