Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Didn’t get the flat stomach but so much more

My whole life I have been obsessed with getting a “flat” stomach, this certain look I’ve had in my head forever and why I’ve always gotten on the weight loss train. Well I’ve lost the weight; 62 lb to be exact, and guess what.....No flat stomach. For months I’ve been lifting my shirt first thing in the morning praying that that flat stomach would magically appear with another pound gone. It’s never shown up. I even passed my goal weight and I still felt disappointed UNTIL I had a massive realization. I looked up from my stomach and saw my collarbones, my cheek bones, the way my necklaces lay around my neck, slimmer thighs, and stronger arms. I saw my glasses sat nicer on my face and I only had one chin (ha!) All this time I was obsessing about my “flat stomach” I never realized all my other progress. So I kept looking and I loved what I saw. I’m not out of breath going up the stairs, I can run a 5k for FUN, I can keep up with my kids, I feel more confident,I have good blood pressure, a normal BMI, I have learned to cook healthier recipes...I could go on and on. I’m sharing in hopes that if there is someone out there like me that’s made it to their goal weight and feels like they can’t “celebrate” or be proud because goal weight isn’t the body they imagined...please look twice at yourself! There is so much to celebrate in every pound of weight loss. And our successes are so much more than how we look.

submitted by /u/g235304
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2DOJHR8

No comments:

Post a Comment