Thursday, December 19, 2019

Exercising at 80-90% Max Heart?

Hey all- i have been working out really hard these past few months.

My goal is to burn my remaining excess fat so than weight loss since I am also trying to maintain and build muscle right now as my other goal.

For cardio I usually do 30 minutes HIIT on the elliptical (20 minutes of intervals and 10 of warmup/cool down) about 3 times a week.

On non-HIIT days (also 3 times a week) I do 45 minutes of however fast/moderately i can go. I break it up by doing a walk 20 minutes on the treadmill (for 1.25 miles) and then 25 minutes on the elliptical,

I use my fitbit to keep track of my HR and these past few weeks I've noticed that during my non-HIIT cardio days I can work out in 80-95% max heart range for most of the 25 minutes I am on the elliptical. Since I have been working out for 3 months now this elliptical sessions doesn't feel too tough for me but yet my heart rate gets so high.

Since I know a sub 80% heart rate is better for burning fat, should I try to go slower, even though I won't burn as many calories? also, is working out at such a high heart rate range ruining my "gains" muscle wise?

Let me know if you need anymore information. Thanks!

submitted by /u/Neat_Communication
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2sORJH7

No comments:

Post a Comment