Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Feeling frustrated about my body

I'm 5'9 and I weigh 177 at the moment. My goal was to get to 160 since that will be considered healthy for my height, age, and gender. Up until now weight loss has been going pretty good for me, I've lost 25 pounds so far. I've noticed my body has changed a lot but I noticed that I'm not feeling as good as I thought I would about the way I look. To me it feels like I'm starting to lose parts of me that I actually really liked and appreciated before I lost weight. Don't get me wrong, there are still things that I'm happy that I've lost, for example, I can finally see my collar bones, my face has slimmed down, and my arms aren't as big anymore. But to me, I'm starting to lose things like my legs and hips, and my chest. I thought I was more pear shaped before, and now I'm worried that I don't look like that anymore. There were things about my old body that I grew to love and really appreciated, and losing weight was mainly because I wanted to be at a healthy weight.

I confided in one of my friends about this who said I still have the shape I was before just slimmer, but I still can't believe her and I'm unable to see it. I have one family member who says I've gotten too thin and another one that told me I still look fat. I know both of those comments I should probably brush off, but its hard not letting that get to me. Its like I can't even tell what I look like. I even thought at this point clothes were going to look more flattering on me, and though its easier and I've gone down a few sizes, I still get frustrated at how small my hips and legs look.

On top of all this, I still have a considerable amount of stomach fat and I feel like my face still looks fat. I feel like I look awkward at this point. I want to keep going because I want to get rid of that stomach and face fat, but I've held back on losing weight recently because I'm afraid I'm going to lose more weight in my hips, chest and legs. Its so stupid that something like that could affect me so much, but I just don't know what to do so I stopped.

I guess losing weight in specific areas is not a thing. And maybe I'm just over-analyzing my body and I probably do have the same shape and I just look slimmer. But I just don't feel good at all and I felt like sharing somewhere, because talking about it to people in real life hasn't helped.

submitted by /u/Hopeful_Banana
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2P920qv

No comments:

Post a Comment