Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Psychological side-effects of calorie restriction

Has anyone experienced highly increased anxiety, or feelings of intense anger, or just generally a decreased well-being as you've significantly reduced your calorie intake? I can't figure out whether the sudden drop in my well-being is to do with my new weight loss diet, or did these things just randomly happen to co-occur.

One theory of mine is that maybe I had all these negative feelings and issues beforehand too, but was simply numbing them out with food... In that case, maybe once the food "went", the feelings naturally resurfaced..? Not sure... What do you guys think?

P.s. not sure if it's necessary, but I'll give you some context: I am a 26yo female, 5'5 & 170lb. I have a history of an eating disorder & clinical depression. Currently on a 700-1000kcal/day diet (sedentary/no exercise).

submitted by /u/Xgx9
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2RFFK9i

No comments:

Post a Comment