Thursday, December 12, 2019

FINALLY, FINNALLY the scale moved

Down 4 lbs in 2 ddays. For 2 months my scale has bounced between 190-188-191-189 and today it is 184. I stepped on it twice to make sure I was reading the numbers right.

I have been working on weight loss since July. I took Contrave for 4 months and it did really help with my binge eating. I lost 20lbs pretty quickly, within the first 3 months but for the last 2 the scale has bounced between the same numbers one day up and the next down. I count calories and aim for 1300-1400 per day. I do my best to get to the gym 3 times a week, however, I do not count those calories back and I know I am not burning a ton when I exercise, for me its about health and mental health more than weight loss.

Obviously, frustration set in because I was doing the same things and not losing. I am almost 50 and going through menopause and yes it does make it harder to lose weight. Keto is everywhere but I just wasn't sold. I did some research online regarding menopause and weightloss and came across a woman who faced the same issue I am. The low carb, high protein, limiting calories that had always worked for her stopped. She upped her fat to 70%, protein to 30%, and carbs to 10% and began losing weight again. I have began incorporating these percentages into my diet, which has been scary because adding fat is so contrary to what I have believed for so many years. I have not been following this plan for long so I am not contributing my current whoosh (4lbs to me in 2 days is a whoosh) to it but I can say I am going to continue eating at these percentages to see what happens. However, I am proud of myself for staying on track, for the most part, during such a long stall.

submitted by /u/WhyMe70
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2smENIk

No comments:

Post a Comment