Monday, December 16, 2019

Fitbit gave me the reality check I needed.

Tldr: adjust your sh*t in order to keep hitting your goals!

My weight loss has slowed & I was feeling frustrated. I was frustrated, despite that fact that I was well aware that: I’ve been less active, AND eating an extra 150-250cals a few days a week, AND that my TDEE & BMR are lower than when I started...so really what did I expect right?!

Yet, somehow I semi-reverted back to the type of thinking (read: denial) that made me fat in the first place.

I needed a reset, so I sat down and reviewed my Fitbit log (I don’t pay any mind to “calories burned”, I know it’s inaccurate).

My average daily intake went from 1250cals for my first 10 weeks, to 1400cals for the past 4 weeks. That’s 1000cals more per week, 4000cals more per month & ultimately, more than 1 pound of weight I didn’t lose.

My average weekly kms went from 40-45kms to 20-30kms...

My average “activity” minutes went from 350-400mins per week to 150-200mins...

And so it went...amazingly I did lose weight this month (yay!), but not as much as I wanted.

I was in the process of “letting my guard down” & getting lazy. What I was doing up to this point wasn’t hard - but when the cold weather hit, I just stopped walking/hiking - more time on the couch meant more bowls of popcorn...the weather changed and I didn’t adapt or adjust anything I was doing in order to keep hitting my goals.

I’ve dug out my “heat gear”, my snow pants & snow boots (yep, the tools for cold weather walking are literally already in my possession, I’m ridiculous I know). I’m getting my ass back in gear!

I’ve also set an alert in my phone to review my stats once a month.

submitted by /u/Atsirk7
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2EnvBWZ

No comments:

Post a Comment