Thursday, December 19, 2019

Guilt about refusing food. Can anyone relate?

Apparently I’m going through a “mid-weight loss crisis” right now ๐Ÿ˜‚ I just posted about my plateau struggle, and it made me realize a strange phenomenon going on in my journey.

Lately, I’ve been feeling a weird guilt every time I refuse food or opt out of a meal. This is especially noticeable at home with my long-term boyfriend (he’s a foot taller than me, loves to cook and loves to eat.)

Never thought I had an emotional eating problem, but now I’m wondering if I do.

When he comes home from work tonight at 9pm, he’ll cook a nice big meal and I’ll take 2 bites because I’m not that hungry. Why do I feel bad about that?

I also work in the food industry (a bakery, no less.) the chefs and bakers are always tinkering with new recipes and asking us for feedback. I feel some social/professional pressure to enthusiastically try everything offered in a day. This is really hard to track, and results in many un-accounted for calories in a day.

Basically, when I say no to food, I often feel like I’m saying no to a moment of social connection with someone. Does that sound familiar to anyone else? I think I need to work through this if I’m gonna jump into the next chunk of weight loss. Thanks ๐Ÿ™

submitted by /u/heartfullxo
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2S7MblI

No comments:

Post a Comment