Monday, December 9, 2019

How not to hyper-focus on losing weight?

I've recently started another attempt at starting my weight loss journey for real. (I tried numerous times during the last 6 years, unsuccessfully) This time, I feel truly hopeful and motivated to not only lose those many, many extra pounds but also permanently change my lifestyle for the better.

One issue doesn't go away, though: whenever I actively try to eat better and move more, diet and exercise becomes virtually the only thing on my mind. Pretty much my every thought is consumed by my newfound desire to change until it becomes downright exhausting. It's also one of the main things that makes me lose motivation over time.

Being healthy and conscious should be PART of my life. I don't want it to be my identity. Have any of you experienced this or are you struggling with this? Is there anything that has helped you overcome that kind of fixation? Please let me know. Honestly, I'm desperate.

submitted by /u/yesimagaymer
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2YvgSm9

No comments:

Post a Comment