Sunday, December 15, 2019

I finally reached onederland!

M 24, 6'0, SW: 293, CW: 199, GW: Onederland I don't really know, just whatever weight that eliminates my moobs lol.

Hi All,

This post is not for me but to hopefully help at least one person out there. I started my weight loss journey on January this year after multiple failures the years prior. My ultimate wake up call was when I noticed my XL shirts were getting too big and I went to JCPenney to buy some shirts. Once I saw myself in the 3 sided mirror I was honestly ashamed of how much I let myself go and I left the store with nothing but a goal (well the second time actually, this happened twice late last year, the first time I failed and the second time was the real deal).

First rodeo

This isn't my first time losing weight though. The first time was in 2011, when I was in the 11th grade and I lost about 50 pounds (from 220-170 ish) in the span of like 2 months eating very little calories and exercising on the treadmill 6-7 times a week. I did the mistake of choosing such an unhealthy plan, and giving up exercise immediately thereafter and I was slowly going back to old habits and then once college started with the buffet style cafeteria I went overboard, and then once I left dorming to a local college in my city, I never recovered. This kept going until this year, and every year, I wanted to pick the perfect date and start new with a journal to record my food and failed.

Starting Slow and Sustainable This Year

This year though, I decided to again pick the perfect date, but go about it slowly. January was really my psychological training month where I only focused on my relationship with food and how it makes me feel. It basically amounted to realizing that yeah, that pack of Oreos made me feel good the first 5 minutes, but now I'm regretting the side effects the rest of the day, week, month, and lifetime and repeat it because sugar is addictive. It wasn't easy, but in the end of January, I decided to test myself and I bought the oreos just so that I can again ingrain in my head the 5 minute - Lifetime thing. Then Feb came and I slowly introduced biking in the park as a hobby, and bought an exercise bike for when the weather is bad. There were very few hiccups along the way, but I never went pass my bmr.

Basically...

To shorten what I did. Basically, I just ate less and exercised more like 3-4 times a week maybe more depending on weather, mood, and energy level, BUT I did it by making bike riding a fun hobby and it helps that I only tend to listen to music when doing that so it adds to the fun, and the foods I eat are what already really enjoy but cutting out the fast foods, soda, junk. On average, 1300-1500 calories (sometimes net) of a combination of cereal (200-250kcal) (raisin bran, honey nut cheerios, and others, as long as fiber is in it), a sandwich of 2 slices of bread (140 kcal), with ham (50kcal) , mayo (80kcal), and tomato, and maybe a home cooked meal when my family cooks which is typically rice beans chicken. "Cheat days" are rare but it's is just eating up to 2000 calories, and sometimes ordering a deli sandwich or Mexican sopes.

Like Frankie said I did it my way

I found a method that works specifically for me so I didn't use any tracking apps or kept a journal. I only really do rough estimates in my head based on the nutrition label. I honestly feel very good, like I don't feel stressed about how my new lifestyle is. This feels like something that is now a part of me and natural which I think is the biggest thing, sustainability and SLOWLY introducing your new lifestyle. There will be some hiccups, and sometimes family members bring things like peanut butter cups and I indulge in a few but it's very rare and again, my max limit is 2000 calories. At work, get used to saying no thank you like 10000 times a day when people offer you donuts, fast food and so on.

How bad you want it?

If there's one big tip that I can say, is that the time comes when it comes, and when you feel it, it's up to you to decide how bad you want it. (That came out right? I think you know what I'm trying to say).

Sometimes I bike when I'm tired, or when the weather is cold and windy, but all I have to ask myself is how bad I want it and a new fire lights up.

Good luck to all.

submitted by /u/lorac94
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/34kAScB

No comments:

Post a Comment