Saturday, December 14, 2019

I weigh the same as when I graduated high school (and I have a normal BMI)

I'm kind of a lurker on Reddit but I was so happy I finally had to make an account and share it with you guys.

I'm 25. I graduated high school at the very edge of being a healthy BMI (5'4'' and 145 pounds). I hit 145.5 pounds this morning. I'm not only technically at a healthy weight but I haven't weighed so little for SEVEN years. I'm amazed. My final goal weight is between 130 and 135 pounds so I've still got some work to do.

From the minute I graduated high school, I've been steadily gaining weight. I kept telling myself it wasn't that bad but I graduated college at 175 pounds. The weight gain continued when I got into medical school.

When I had my physical to get cleared to start clinical rotations, I weighed in at 201 pounds which was the wake-up call I needed to start taking weight loss seriously.

I've had issues in the past with calorie counting and really bad anxiety so I focused initially on just making better choices in small ways. For example, bunless burgers and half a portion of fries. I stopped drinking any calories. Black coffee was the hardest part.

Surprisingly, this worked remarkably well which helped motivate me to keep going.

When I started my clinical rotations in July, I decided that instead of buying a cafeteria lunch everyday I would just have low calories snacks at lunch and have a bigger dinner when I got home. I can't really call it OMAD but some days I did only eat dinner. Lunch would be things like watermelon, cucumber, bell peppers etc.

Anyway, I've finally at a healthy weight and I'm beyond happy.

Unfortunately, I'm realizing the downside of large weight loss is none of my clothes fit. I had a fun moment when getting ready for a holiday party yesterday and I realized my cocktail dress was too big. (Thank God for cardigans and safety pins)

submitted by /u/epiphanyshmiphany
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ROCIzL

No comments:

Post a Comment