Saturday, December 14, 2019

Newbie looking for some help!!

Hi! I'm going to just jump right in, and this is going to be long.

I'm a 35f, 245lbs, 5 foot 2. I'm looking to lose weight (obviously), but my main goal currently is just being HEALTHIER. I've lived on a steady diet of pizza, burgers, fries, chips and other heavily processed foods. I don't have a current addiction to desserts or "sweets", but I am aware of how much sugar is added to processed foods in general. Additionally, I drink heavily. I'm sick of the junk and feeling like crap.

I definitely lack motivation and don't think at this time I could commit to a specific "diet" per say, but am committed to focusing on consuming fresher foods with calorie tracking to help. I do plan on exercising, but don't want to count on that as I've been flaky with it in the past. I used to be a server which was a very physical job, but switched to an office 3 years ago and have had little to no physical activity since then.

I'm 3 days into my journey. I have decided to eliminate drinking completely as I definitely know that's the biggest contributor to my health/ weight problems (both from the sheer empty calories, as well as how lazy about food I get/ "crave" fatty food when when I'm drunk/ hungover. I also recently quit smoking, so I'm hungrier than I used to be.

I have calculated my calories to maintain on the link provided (2135). I also have calculated my goals on my fitness app, and it says I need to only consume 1200 to reach my weight loss goals (135lbs, losing 2lbs a week). Obviously, the more I exercise, the more that would increase, but again, I don't want to rely on that.

The last 3 days have been rough. I was able to stay under the 1200 the first two, but was starving. Yesterday I bought a bunch of healthy food (mostly fruits and veggies), but still was hungry after eating (salad, banana, hummus, brussel sprouts, yogurt). I broke down and ate an actual sandwich, which pushed me to 1365, and was still got hungry again a few hours later. However, I did resist eating more before bed. Now it's only 4a today, and I am already 161 calories in (grapes and hummus for "breakfast") and I'm still HUNGRY. I have a LONG day ahead of me, and just don't know how I'm going to do it. I don't know exactly how many calories I was eating before, but most likely it was 3000+, so to go to 1200 so quickly is proving to be hard, if not impossible.

My question is: is to too extreme/ too much to start out with a 1200 calorie goal like the app says? I REALLY don't want to give up and throw in the towel right off the bat, and I'm worried if I keep going this way I'm going to. I have bipolar which has been severely debilitating in the past, but I've been stable (as stable as someone can be with bipolar) for over 5 years. However, I do slip into bouts of depression (not suicidal, but very unmotivated), and I'm worried that when that happens, I'll go back to my old habits. I'm thinking maybe I should start at a more obtainable goal (1500-1700) and gradually decrease.

Any advice and words of encouragement are welcome. I really am unhappy and need to do something, but I don't want to set unrealistic goals and end up give up. Thanks everyone!

submitted by /u/Hdw333333
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/36yiA8Z

No comments:

Post a Comment