Tuesday, December 3, 2019

I've had a sugar addiction since I was 10, I want to fix it 6 years later.

Hello!

So, I've struggled with my weight since I was about 10 years old. Today I found out that I am dangerously close to having diabetes. All I've lived on for the past 6 or so years is straight sugar and today I am finally fixing that. I am currently doing as much research as possible on sugar addictions and how to fix them, but since I still live with my also sugar-addicted father I feel like this journey is going to be all the more difficult. I am currently 16, 5'7 and 165 pounds. Of course, I want to lose the weight but my main priority for the next month is completely changing my lifestyle and cutting as much sugar out of my life as possible. I've looked it up and a few sources said that a complete detox takes 3-21 days. What's interesting to me is even though I have always hated how my body looks, I never really considered myself particularly unhealthy and have never really cared about my personal health in the first place.

We aren't well off at all and need to make do with the money we have, so if anyone has cheap and affordable dinner/lunch options (I hardly ever eat breakfast) please list them down below. I usually have a budget of >25 dollars per week! Please keep them as sugar-free as possible. For now, I'm living off eggs, ramen, baby carrots, and raisins. I've never eaten healthily so I think I did okay? I don't know. Help me!!

I also have some questions, like is eating fruits during my detox ok? What are some good ways I can avoid eating sugar at friends' houses? How do I stop my "I don't care" mentality while it is in action?

Thank you all so much in advance for your tips, I'm hoping with your help I can beat this and avoid getting diabetes. I'd like to add that this is just the first part of my weight loss journey, beating my sugar addiction. Next is further dieting and working out.

submitted by /u/beeonic
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2YeO3u1

No comments:

Post a Comment