Tuesday, December 17, 2019

(Journey Progress) Does calorie-counting help to avoid binging?

I'm still a bit new to the community, but hello! I wanted to use this resource as a place of personal encouragement-- just update on my journey, even if no one necessarily looks at it.

I've made a post before about how I'm an obese teenager. I mentioned there that I've just about done everything. I've been reading Dr. Peter J. D'Adamo's BLOOD TYPE O: FOOD, BEVERAGE, AND SUPPLEMENT LISTS. My grandmother lives by that book, for the most part, and it works really well for her. After reading it, I was able to confirm the fact that a keto diet might work best for me. So I've bought some almond flour, and made bread with it a few times. I eat mushrooms almost on the daily, and eat lean meat constantly, so I'm good on proteins.

More than anything, it's portion control. I eat "healthy" for the most part, I make my own meals, and I drink water by default (I try to drink about a gallon a day). I intermittent fast 18:6 (I think that's the way to write the ratio? I eat after 12, and before 6). It's just that I eat too much, and when I get in a rut, I immediately turn to binging on food, unhealthy or not.

___________

A lot of people do calorie counting here, and they say it works for them. I understand that weight loss journeys are very personal, they are what works for the person doing it. But when I think about it, it seems daunting. I'm a young teen, and for everyday, for years, I'd have to record everything I was eating, until I couldn't do it anymore. I think that it encourages an accountability factor. However, when I've done it, experiencing the guilt from realizing I went so many calories over my goal... Ugh.

To calorie-counters out there who had binging habits, did calorie-counting help you avoid doing it? How? Would you encourage it to those who binge?

submitted by /u/httphei
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/36OT0g3

No comments:

Post a Comment