Monday, December 16, 2019

Less exercise to lose the final pounds?

I’ve been struggling for months to lose the last 10 or so pounds (25f, 5’6”, 147 lb) and I was wondering if it’s ever a valid strategy to do less exercise, rather than more? I gained a lot of weight out of college but as part of my weight loss efforts I’ve picked up running again and also started lifting weights 3 times a week. However, I think it’s partly the exercise making me so hungry and having so many cravings, and I am having a lot of trouble sticking to my calorie goal (1500). Plus I notice I am eating more than I would otherwise need to some days in order to make sure I can run and lift well with lots of energy. I think if I didn’t have to worry about fueling my workouts, I could actually eat less and stay within my calorie budget better.

Has anyone ever stopped exercising as a strategy to successfully lose more weight, just temporarily until I hit my goal weight? Or, is that a stupid idea?

submitted by /u/perfectlyhereandnow
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2EmopdB

No comments:

Post a Comment