Thursday, December 5, 2019

Looking for a Motivator/Coach/support to help you get started losing weight? Looking to help anyone interested, especially if you feel like you're addicted to food/ sugar/ carbs

Warning: Large word salad ahead. I've thought long and hard about this , but I figure if I take the plunge, so will a few others, and maybe my decades of successes and failures can be helpful to a few other people. I have a long history of of successfully gaining weight and losing weight. Not proud of the yo-yo, but the older I get, I've found it gets easier and easier to maintain a healthy weight for long periods of time (years). It took me a long time to get to the idea that I'm an addict, it just so happens my addiction is sugar and carbs. Personally I don't think you can ever kick an addiction completely, but with the right tools, attitude, and approach, you can manage it, and even live very well.

For me, I can go years on end without simple sugars and carbs, but it takes a lot to get there. Once I do, I find it fairly easy to manage. The biggest problem is that for me, stress and depression can bring on a relapse, and it doesn't take much for me to go full bore back into old habits.

I think too many people don't treat this as a real addiction. But anyone with similar issues with food knows that it is. In some ways it's worse than being an alcoholic or a drug addict because we wear our addictions on our bodies for everyone to see and judge.

To make a long story short, I'm just getting started on what will be about a 50-60 pound weight loss (depending how much muscle I put on over the course of the next few months. If you're willing to do it the hard way, and realize there are no short cuts or easy fixes, and can embrace and own your addiction, I would like to offer to help anyone else who wants to come along for the ride. It doesn't hurt to have some support, especially from people who understand what youre going through. Theres no catch here, I just figured if I'm going to buckle down and do this, maybe I can help out a few people along the way.

Either way, I'm going to update my progress and share whatever advice I can. If there are enough people I'd be happy to get a little support group going, just let me know. I know this might not be for most people, but I'm here for the few that think it will. I know I can help and I would be happy to try to help you if you're nervous about trying to lose weight

Together we will: 

1) Prepare ourselves to get started by making sure we are equipped with the right tools and in the right mindset. 2) Go on this journey together and support each other and track our progress. 3) Own our successes and failures. 4) Get to the finish line! 5) Maintain our achievements and continue to support each other.

I look forward getting on track with you!

tl;dr: About to go on a serious weight loss quest and willing to coach/help out anyone else who wants some help or guidance

submitted by /u/Sugarjunkie74
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Ym5Ak1

No comments:

Post a Comment