Sunday, December 8, 2019

Losing weight when you feel good about your body?

Hello reddit,

I am a 21f my SW was 215 my CW is 205 and my goal weight is 140. I lost most of the weight last month and have been eating mostly at maintenance through thanksgiving and finals, I gained like 3 pounds but I feel ok (not great, but not beating myself up) about that and I'm going to start actually dieting again (counting calories, going to the gym more when school stops being a constant, gnawing void of every second of my free time, etc). My issue with starting again however is the same one I tend to have whenever I start to lose weight and that is I actually LIKE that way that I look. I've never had much issues getting dates, I like how I look in pictures, I dont mind checking myself out when I'm naked or whatever, etc, etc. I want to lose weight because I know it's not going to get easier, I know there are untold benefits beyond appearance and I'm even sure that at the end I will probably like how I look better. All that doesn't change the fact that a lot of motivational advice I read involves looking at progress pictures or thinking about how good you're gonna look at a healthy weight. I'm reaching out in the hopes that someone has a piece of advice on what to focus on to stay motivated that doesn't revolve around how attractive one is. Like are there any exercise specific goals like being able to run marathon that would correlate well with weight loss? anything I should look out for as little examples of me getting healthier? I hope this doesn't sound conceited, I don't think I'm like the hottest babe on planet earth or anything but when I look in the mirror I just don't think things like "oh my face would look better if I was skinnier" or "damn my boobs look s****y" I think things like "that's me!" or "my hair looks cool today!" and it's frustrating that so much diet advice seems to imagine that that's what I'm about. I worked hard to find my self confidence (struggled with depression and anxiety worked really hard in therapy, proud of where I am with my mental health) and I don't want losing weight to feel like I'm fixating on a *bad* part of myself. I want to lose weight because I love myself and want to do better, not because I hate who I am know you know?

submitted by /u/Culpon
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2P0KNzm

No comments:

Post a Comment