Friday, December 20, 2019

Lost weight but still have belly fat?

Hi everyone,

I’m a 21-year-old 5’0” female who recently just lost about 10 pounds of weight. I was ~120 pounds, and now I’m 110 lbs. This was my goal weight; however, I still have a noticeable amount of belly fat, and I don’t know what to do about it.

Some background: My whole life, I used to be very fit and thin. Up until recently, I was 110 lbs with little belly fat. Because of some health issues I was dealing with, I gained 10 lbs, thus starting my weight loss journey. I have finally lost all that weight to be back to my old weight, but now I have all this belly fat, too.

When I was losing the weight, I was sticking to a calorie deficit (eating 1200 calories a day) and running for about 20 minutes 4 times a week. However, I never did any strength/weight training, and I saw online that this is key to getting rid of the belly fat.

Do people here think that strength training would be a good way to eliminate some of this belly fat (especially because I’ve never strength trained before)? If so, I’m unsure of how to create a new regimen - I don’t want to lose any more weight at this point, so should I be eating at maintenance while also doing strength training a few times a week? Or should I be doing something else? Basically, I don’t want to lose more weight but I want to get rid of the belly fat...

submitted by /u/silverflower1998
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/35IX29Q

No comments:

Post a Comment