Friday, December 6, 2019

Maintaining my weight loss - and another step in my journey. Recommend by my GP as a candidate for loose skin removal.

Ok brief background. I'm 51 yrs old and have lost 145 lbs / the majority of that (115-120) in about 18 months and the rest over another 18 months. My last 5lbs of fat were eliminated forever last January. I didn't lose the weight with any aesthetic goal in mind - I was mostly just trying to save my life. Over the last year I have sincerely struggled with the extra bits of me - but I've tried to be content with compression gear.

This last checkup my doctor of 6 yrs finally actually engaged me in a weight loss conversation. The conversation began around my cholesterol check. I said I wasn't due - but she said people on my diet typically needed them more often. I was like - my diet? How do you think I lost this weight?

She paused.

I said : "I've just been using calorie management. That's IT."

"Well," she said, "well... Wow". And she finally looked at my chart. "Your cholesterol is actually... Really really good and you've been ...maintaining quite awhile now. That's pretty amazing. I've had WLS patients that can't even keep it off as long as you have."

My brain did a cartwheel. I got flustered and teared up. I may have said thank you. Then she really surprised me and asked if I wanted to be recommend for skin removal.

I struggled with the idea for almost a month until my best friend reminded me of the longevity of our family and that no matter what 50 is hella NOT to old to stop caring.

So, in 4 days I'm going to a consultation and I'm formulating a list of questions. I'm up to 15 focusing mostly on recovery (when can I walk/run lift/yoga) and after care costs. Any other tips are welcome. Anxiety is starting to rev up and brain is trying to drag me back into weight loss mode because of it so I've started logging again.

submitted by /u/kata404
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/38hG57Z

No comments:

Post a Comment