Saturday, December 14, 2019

So satisfying finally knowing what I suspected all along, that birth control was hindering my weight loss.

Before pregnancy weight: 145 give or take 5 lbs Day I have birth: 192 After birth: 180 Lightest I could ever manage: 160 Recent gain: 182 CW:177 GW: 145 I got nexplanon a month after having my (now)5 year old son. I had about 30 lbs to lose but didn’t worry about it until I felt like myself again. So about a year later I was fed up and started dieting hardcore. 1200 calories a day and working out every single day. I was starving allllll the time but no matter what I could only lose about 15 lbs. and I was miserable doing it. I was so frustrated. Not even close to my goals and I knew I couldn’t keep this up. I’m lucky enough to have a super supportive husband who told me that being miserable, starving and calorie obsessed was not worth it if I wasn’t happy. So I settled on being a thicker version of myself. Yea it was uncomfortable but at least I was happier overall. Early this summer got off BC and felt better almost right away. My face slimmed down in a matter of days. These last few years I’ve kept exercising because I do genuinely love it and watching what I eat just enough to not feel sluggish and an headachey as I would if I ate truly how I wanted(my sweet tooth knows no bounds). Then last month I took at least 4-5 weeks off the gym while continuing to eat how I did when I worked out 3-5 times a week so obviously gained weight. Disappointedly went right back up to 182. About 2 weeks ago thought- ok. Now there’s nothing holding me back so I’m going for it all the way. I am eating 1200 calories a day, weight lifting still, along with some cardio and yoga(much like I did right after baby). IVE LOST 5 LBS ALREADY! I’m faaaar from miserable, def not hungry all the time and still have been eating some treats. I know I’m putting less effort this time and it’s coming off soooo much faster than before! I’m so excited and motivated! Can’t wait to post progress pics with the rest of the success stories I love to see here so much! Birth control SUCKS and I’m never going back and am DONE yoyo-ing.

It’s just so great to know I wasn’t crazy, I really was giving it my all and something (sort of) out of my control was the cause. It also opened my eyes to the effects of hormonal imbalances. To the people who have any kind of hormone/health/genetic issues that are directly contradicting your weight loss or weight gain goals, my heart goes out to you. I got a small glimpse into your world and I’m so sorry you have to struggle with a problem with no simple solution.

submitted by /u/whiskeyflick
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/35mzTtF

No comments:

Post a Comment