Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Social pressure to eat/drink

Hi there losers!

yesterday I had my first encounter since starting my weight loss journey with real social pressure to eat and drink.

I'm a referee and had a game last night. After the game we usually drink a beer or two and get sandwiches/bread rolls etc. I decided that 1: I wasn't going to have alcohol and 2: I wasn't going to eat anything. I'm trying to not have alcohol during the week and I had a real full meal with a lot of veggies before leaving. The game had finished around 10.30 PM, so really there was no need for food for me.

When asked what I'd drink I just said 'Coke Zero' and was met with surprise, amazement etc. "Why aren't you having a beer?" Luckily the bread rolls were in a basket on the table, so it didn't really show I wasn't eating any. Still, the guy next to me noticed. "Are you really not eating anything? What's going on with you?" etc.

Took a LOT of courage not to eat anything, because they sure looked tasty.

Has anyone else encountered this and how do you deal with it?

submitted by /u/lonely_ref
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2PCy8BZ

No comments:

Post a Comment