Thursday, December 19, 2019

Someone commented on my weight loss for the first time

I’m a 5’4” woman. SW:220lbs CW:180lbs

I’ve lost about 40lbs since July. I’m really proud of the progress I’ve made; however I generally choose not to talk about my weight loss to others very often. The way I see it weight loss is something I’m doing for myself, not for external validation— so keeping it to myself helps me stay more focused on my own personal goals and victories instead of trying to control how other people perceive me. It’s not like my weight loss is some kind of secret, like I’ll acknowledge it if it comes up, I just don’t go out of my way to talk about it. Last week a friend of mine pointed out that I had lost weight. This was the first time anyone’s commented on my weight loss (to my face at least) and it kind of surprised me. I’m just not used to talking about my weight with other people so it felt kinda weird. Not in a bad way, just a little vulnerable. It was also kind of exciting to know that I’ve made enough progress that it’s noticeable to others!

submitted by /u/lemonbalmm
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2PZUspn

No comments:

Post a Comment