Friday, December 13, 2019

Suffering from body dysmorphia during maintenance and unsure how to move forward healthily.

I've been successfully maintaining after losing 60 pounds from 2018-2019. Over the past 8 or so months of intuitively eating, and finding some balance in "maintenance mode" I've dropped 5 more pounds for a total loss of 65. Despite my successes I'm feeling more and more like my old (massive) self despite my healthier habits. It's been about a month of feeling massive, absolutely loathing pictures of myself, hiding away in baggy clothes, my confidence has plummeted and I don't know why.

I've been comparing myself maybe once every few weeks against measurements I took in the spring, so even if i'm feeling fat, I have the objective evidence on the scale, and the inches lost from my body, to remind me that I am in fact not the person I was when I started this journey in March of 2018 but I am struggling.

Has anyone had these issues or something similar? I thought that my brain had caught up with my success and I had been feeling powerful, and excellent in my own skin but it's slowly slipping away from me and I don't know why.

I'm unsure how to move forward, and I'm afraid of slipping into an unhealthy binge and restrict cycle that I used to participate in, in my pre-weight loss days.

Help?

submitted by /u/shanialabeouf
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/35l6IXI

No comments:

Post a Comment