Sunday, December 1, 2019

SV: 20 pounds down and I’m officially inside my goal weight range!

Graphs showing my weight loss

Today the scale said 129.2 pounds, which is not only the first time I’ve been under 130 pounds since I was 13, but also the upper end of my target weight range AND the mark of 20 pounds lost!

When I started I wasn’t technically overweight (149.2 pounds at 5’5” is definitely chubby but it’s only borderline overweight). It definitely was not flattering on my figure though, and I didn’t want to be worried about being overweight if I randomly gained a few pounds.

So I decided to get down to the middle of the healthy weight range, for aesthetic as well as health reasons. I accumulate fat at my stomach area first, which is of course the most dangerous place to store fat.

I’ve been doing CICO as well as unintentional 16:8 IF (my natural eating window is 10am to 6pm, so it takes zero effort).

I’m logging every single thing I eat on MyFitnessPal, being as accurate as possible. I plan on continuing to do that once I hit maintenance. Although I’m within my goal range, I’m not going to increase my calories until I’m under 125 pounds. That way when I inevitably put on some water weight there will be a buffer.

Unfortunately, I didn’t take a “before” picture, but here’s an “after”: https://imgur.com/a/aTAHISj

Honestly, I’m still not happy with my body, but it’s not from weighing too much anymore. If I’m going to be happier with how I look, I’ll have to tone up. I’ve never done any sort of strength training before so it’s pretty daunting, but I’ll get there. It really is true what everyone says here: if you weren’t happy with your body before losing weight, you won’t be happy with it afterwards unless you gain muscle on top of losing weight.

Still, I’m proud of the progress I’ve made and I’m ready to keep pushing through.

submitted by /u/ceramicthumb
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/34EgeFd

No comments:

Post a Comment