Sunday, December 15, 2019

[SV] I reached my first goal!

I'm ready to be downvoted into oblivion, but here goes. I'm transgender, and losing weight so that I can have surgery has been the biggest motivation for me. The clinic I'm having surgery through has a maximum BMI of 35. I've been on a wait list for over 6 months and they told me to contact them when I was 10 lbs away from being at that BMI.

Well... I had to be at 225, and this morning I hit 224! I'm so proud of myself, this feels like one of the biggest accomplishments of my life. I've lost 40 pounds since February and it's the first time I've ever been successful at losing weight. In the past when I've tried, I've only like 5-10 pounds before giving up, but this time because I had a reason that actually mattered to me, I kept going.

I'm not sure if this is something that's supposed to be in SV posts, but I wanted to share a couple of things that have helped me with my weight loss.

1- The first is that I've been using CICO, which I've never done before, and that has helped me tremendously to realize how many healthy foods are actually pretty high calorie (tortilla chips and peanut butter have been two of my weaknesses of things I thought were great and healthy to eat, but ended up being too high calorie for me to fit into my everyday diet).

2- this ties in to the next tip, but try to save your calories for the end of the day! I typically have enough of a breakfast to get me feeling like I have some energy and then a light lunch, but then I save my calories for dinner at the end of the day so that I can have a satisfying dinner that won't leave me craving snacks throughout the evening, or trying to fall asleep with a growling stomach.

3- The second tip I have, and something that I would have never thought about until I stumbled upon it somewhere on here, is SOUP! Soup has been a lifesaver for me. I'm lucky that I already love soup, but I've been eating it almost every day for lunch. It's perfect for me because it feels like a "real" meal because it's high volume and warm, but it's so low calorie. Most canned soups from the grocery store are under 300cal/can

I wanted to say thank you to this community, because you all have been so helpful to me on this journey. I only recently started using reddit again a few months ago, but around that time, when I found this group, it helped me with my weight loss so much. Having you all to talk to, read your stories, and get inspired from has helped me so much. Now I just need to lose another 9 pounds to be at the BMI requirement, and then my next goal is to get to 200. Thank you all so much for your support!

Edit: formatting Edit 2: If there are any other trans people on their own weight loss journeys here, feel free to PM me! I would love to chat

submitted by /u/keeko4
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2McrS35

No comments:

Post a Comment