Wednesday, December 18, 2019

This sub is getting wild with the extreme calorie deficits posted

Ive been seeing more and more posts on here from people having "success" that involve SEVERE calorie restriction and or extreme rules about eating. I'm all for having boundaries like setting a calorie goal or a feeding window. But I see posts on here regularly about people restricting to under 1200 while exercising, or asking about going on 500 cal a day diets. Am I alone in seeing this? It's so unhealthy. I know from personal experience that that mindset never leads to "success", it's temporary and either morphs into further restriction or bingeing. What's worse is on these posts there's always people commenting advice/support as if it's completely normal. I know that I don't come from a place of massive weight loss, and those who do require insane willpower and discipline, and maybe it's just something I don't understand enough. But even so I feel like the very low calorie diets just aren't a healthy mentality to have around food, and it's coming up more and more on here.

submitted by /u/Itchy-Transportation
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2s43sSn

No comments:

Post a Comment