Sunday, December 1, 2019

Turns out a diet of 90% pumpkin pie for a few days doesn’t have to totally ruin your progress!

So, I decided to take a break from logging my calories in MFP for the Thanksgiving break, because I struggle with feeling super guilty when I go over my calorie limit. I didn’t want to think about that or feel bad for eating the same thing that everyone else was, so I decided to just take a few days off from logging.

I did pretty well for the actual thanksgiving dinner, actually. I had a plate with fairly normal portions of my favorite things (turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, and a roll). What happened after though.... that was a different story. My family sat around for several hours playing cards, and during that time I drank THREE cans of soda and ate too many Oreo balls to count.

And then came the pie. I didn’t actually eat any that night. But Friday... and Saturday... and today. I had so. much. pie. In the past three days, I have eaten an entire pumpkin pie. Well, today I decided to step on the scale and get back to logging calories to hold myself accountable. I fully expected a solid extra five pounds, but I gained LESS THAN A POUND. 0.8 pounds I gained on my diet of pumpkin pie! I had no idea how it happened, but I was SO HAPPY. I’ve never been so excited over weight gain.

I’ve lost 45 pounds since I’ve started this whole weight loss thing, and the irrational part of me was sure that I’d just gain it all back over the holidays. Well, I’ve successfully made it through one of the holidays and hardly gained anything! And I got to eat a shit ton of pie!

tl;dr: Ate pie. Gained weight. Am happy.

submitted by /u/throwaway555907
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2r7Em4m

No comments:

Post a Comment