Monday, December 9, 2019

Type of exercise having an effect on weight loss regardless of CICO?

Hi all,

So... I'm female, early 30s, 5'8, 165lb. I've got 20ish lbs to lose. My weight fluctuates and my current weight is about as high as it gets. Usually at this weight, I lose easily. Any time I've lost weight before, I've been very successful. My usual method:

-Track calories in vs calories out
- Eat mostly whole foods
- Go to the gym 4ish times a week and do 45-60 mins on elliptical. Heart rate usually gets to about 145ish.

All of this usually brings me to an approx 7k calorie deficit per week, and sure enough I usually lose 2lb a week. CICO works for me.

The last few months, I have been doing exactly what I always did EXCEPT that instead of 45-60 minutes on the elliptical in the gym, I'm outside walking for about 2 hours instead. Calorie deficits are the same as previously, usually actually more - but the weight WILL NOT COME OFF. I've been the exact same weight for about 2 months - I'd usually be down 16-20lb by now. I've tried upping my calories, or lowering my walking, nothing works. Needless to say I joined the gym again last night.

Has anyone else found that the type of exercise has an effect on their progress?

submitted by /u/rainyday7
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Ytjb9m

No comments:

Post a Comment