Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Venting instead of eating

Sorry, I just need somewhere to vent. I promise this is weight loss related.

I'm trying to start over.. again. For the 500th time in my life, probably. Except this time I dont feel motivated, in fact I feel quite the opposite. The Kraft mac and cheese in the kitchen has been calling my name since I got home from work today. I really struggle with emotional eating.

My SO and I, well, I wouldn't say we got into it last night, because we dont really fight, but a situation we're in set off my (extremely) bad mood. Then of course, I work a highly demanding job, and today was one of those days where sitting down for even 10 minutes was laughable. Not to mention I had to start my day putting out fires from the night before. I'm exhausted, grumpy, my SO works the opposite shift and I dont even want to bitch to him anyways.

All I want to do is isolate myself, put on Netflix and gorge myself on mozzarella sticks and mac and cheese. Every fiber of my being is screaming at me to eat all of the cheese, except my one sensible fiber that's telling me to chug water angrily, and maybe post on reddit if I dont want to talk to my friends or my SO. Wtf is wrong with me? I'm lactose intolerant- I can't even eat cheese without feeling doubly terrible from overeating.

This is actually my first real attempt at breaking my emotional eating cycle. My progress has been slow (30lbs in almost 4 years) not because I'm taking it slow, but because I'm constantly jumping off the bandwagon just to eat my feelings. It's so frustrating.

Alright, I'm done rage typing. I hope this is coherent. I want to say I hope someone will see this and relate, but I dont wish this feeling of fighting your inner food demon on anyone. But, if you do relate, I can say typing this out actually has taken the edge off, so please talk to someone, or at least cast your thoughts to the anonymity of the internet.

submitted by /u/airyfaerie
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/38PAohQ

No comments:

Post a Comment